Using Pivotal Response Treatment to Increase Verbal Language: A Parent Coaching Group
NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE!
The Start Program is a sought-after group program for parents/caregivers of young children with autism. Based on Pivotal Response Treatment (PRT), a therapy model developed by the Koegel Autism Centre in California, this innovative program teaches parents practical strategies to support their child in:
- Using words and sentences to ask for things
- Answering questions
- Making choices
- Copying what other people say
The Centre for Autism Services Alberta is the only facility in Western Canada that offers this extraordinary coaching program
- Designed specifically for early language development in children with ASD, ages 2-8
- Program development based on 40 years of research
- Strategies designed to be implemented during daily routines
- All sessions are led by an experienced Level 5 PRT Trainer
- An individual consultation will be conducted via Zoom prior to the program start date
- 11 weeks of targeted coaching
- Parent group meetings on Zoom from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. weekly
- Parents receive one individual consultation mid-program (can be done in-person or via Zoom)
- Taking and sharing home videos of PRT practice is required
- Each session will be a positive and interactive experience!
Program Offered 4 Times Per Year!
Fall, Winter, Spring & Summer
Via Zoom Video Conference
Sessions run once a week from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
Next Session: Fall 2021
Wednesdays, 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
September 8 – November 17
Download the registration form by clicking “Register” below. Once completed, email your completed form to RSveinson@centreforautism.ab.ca
For more information, including pricing, please contact Renai Sveinson RSveinson@centreforautism.ab.ca
Now available in Calgary! Get more info here.GET MORE INFO