Using Pivotal Response Therapy to Increase Verbal Language: A Parent Coaching Group
The Start program is a sought-after, scientifically-based group program for parents/caregivers of young children with autism. Based on Pivotal Response Therapy (PRT), a specialized therapy model developed by the Koegel Autism Centre in California, this innovative program teaches parents practical strategies to support their child in:
- Using words and sentences to ask for things
- Answering questions
- Making choices
- Copying what other people say
The Centre for Autism Services Alberta is the only facility in Western Canada that offers this extraordinary coaching program.
- Designed specifically for early language development in children with ASD, ages 2-8
- Program development based on 40 years of research
- Strategies designed to be implemented during daily routines
- All sessions are facilitated by an experienced Speech-Language Pathologist with a formal certification in PRT.
- A pre-program consultation will be conducted prior to the program start date
- 11-weeks of targeted coaching
- Parents attend weekly group meetings from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Parents receive one daytime home visit
- Childcare can be provided
- Parents are expected to bring videos of themselves each week practicing PRT strategies with their child
- Each session will be a positive and interactive experience!
Wednesdays | 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
December 11 & 18
January 8, 15, 22 & 29
February 5, 12, 19 & 26
*No group on December 25 or January 1
Centre for Autism Services Alberta, 4752 – 99 Street NW, Edmonton
REGISTER NOW – SPACE IS LIMITED!
Contact Angele Fournier, SLP
780.488.6600 ext. 211 | email@example.com