Using Pivotal Response Treatment to Increase Verbal Language: A Parent Coaching Group
NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE!
The START Program is a sought-after group program for parents/caregivers of young children with autism. Based on Pivotal Response Treatment (PRT), a therapy model developed by the Koegel Autism Centre in California, this innovative program teaches parents practical strategies to support their child in:
- Using words and sentences to ask for things
- Answering questions
- Making choices
- Copying what other people say
The Centre for Autism Services Alberta is the only facility in Western Canada that offers this extraordinary coaching program!
- Designed specifically for early language development in children with autism, ages 2-8
- Program development based on 40 years of research
- Strategies designed to be implemented during daily routines
- All sessions are led by an experienced Speech-Language Pathologist with formal certification in PRT.
- The Centre also accepts private referrals
- Before the group begins, parents will be contacted to share about their child’s communication style.
- 11 weeks of targeted coaching
- Parent group meetings on Zoom from 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. we
- Parents receive one home visit mid-program (can be in person or on Zoom)
- Taking and sharing home videos of PRT practice is required
- Each session will be a positive and interactive experience!
The START Program from the eyes of a parent: read Lucas’s story!
Program Offered 4 Times Per Year!
Fall, Winter, Spring & Summer
Via Zoom Video Conference
Sessions run once a week from 1:30 – 3:00 pm.
Next Session: Spring-Summer 2023
Tuesdays, 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
- May 2 – July 11, 2023
- NO group session on Tuesday, June 13.
For more information, including pricing and to begin the registration process, please contact Angele Fournier at 780-488-6600 ext. 211 or at AFournier@centreforautismab.ca.GET MORE INFO