Pivotal Response Treatment – Parent Group Coaching
The START program is a sought-after, scientifically-based group program for parents/caregivers of young children with autism. Based on Pivotal Response Therapy (PRT), a specialized therapy model developed by the Koegel Autism Centre in California, this innovative program teaches parents practical strategies to support their child in how to use words to make their needs and wants known. All sessions are facilitated by an experienced Speech-Language Pathologist with a formal certification in PRT.
The Centre for Autism Services Alberta is the only facility in Western Canada that offers this extraordinary coaching program.
- Only a select number of families can attend
- Designed specifically for early language development in children with ASD, ages 2-8
- Program development based on 40 years of research
- A pre-program consultation will be scheduled prior to the program start date
- 11-weeks of targeted coaching
- Parents attend weekly group meetings – 90 minutes in weeks 1 through 7 and weeks 9 to 11
- Parents will receive one daytime home visit in week 8
- Childcare can be provided
- Parents will be expected to bring videos of themselves each week practicing learned strategies with their child
- Each session will be a positive and interactive experience!
Wednesdays | 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
June 19 & 26 | July 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 | August 7*, 14, 21 & 28
*Week 8, August 7: the group session will be replaced by one daytime home visit
Centre for Autism Services Alberta, 4752 – 99 Street NW, Edmonton
REGISTER NOW – SPACE IS LIMITED!
Contact Angele Fournier, SLP
780.488.6600 ext. 211 | firstname.lastname@example.org