Using Pivotal Response Treatment to Increase Verbal Language: A Parent Coaching Group
NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE!
The Start Program is a sought-after group program for parents/caregivers of young children with autism. Based on Pivotal Response Treatment (PRT), a therapy model developed by the Koegel Autism Centre in California, this innovative program teaches parents practical strategies to support their child in:
- Using words and sentences to ask for things
- Answering questions
- Making choices
- Copying what other people say
The Centre for Autism Services Alberta is the only facility in Western Canada that offers this extraordinary coaching program
- Designed specifically for early language development in children with ASD, ages 2-8
- Program development based on 40 years of research
- Strategies designed to be implemented during daily routines
- All sessions are led by an experienced Speech-Language Pathologist with a formal certification in PRT
- An individual consultation will be conducted via Zoom prior to the program start date
- 11 weeks of targeted coaching
- Parent group meetings on Zoom from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. weekly
- Parents receive one individual consultation mid-program (can be done in-person or via Zoom)
- Taking and sharing home videos of PRT practice is required
- Each session will be a positive and interactive experience!
Program Offered 4 Times Per Year!
Fall, Winter, Spring & Summer
Two delivery options to choose from:
- Zoom Video Conference
Sessions run once a week from 6-7:30 p.m.
Next Session: Winter 2021
December 3,10 & 17
January 7, 14, 21 & 28
February 11,18 & 25
REGISTER NOW – SPACE IS LIMITED
Contact Angele Fournier, SLP
Please contact Angele for pricing information.GET MORE INFO