About the Centre
The Centre for Autism Services Alberta is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of children, teens and young adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Established in 1997, the Centre has grown to offer a wide range of services to individuals on the spectrum and their families, and is the largest accredited autism service provider in northern Alberta. Its mission is to provide comprehensive and innovative supports and services to those affected by ASD.
The people we serve come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes the Centre for Autism Services Alberta (CFASA) stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm to empower autistic individuals and their families to thrive, you will find a great career at CFASA. We welcome the unique contributions future staff can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, color, religion, different abilities, sexual orientation and beliefs.
The Communications Advisor supports the implementation of the Centre’s communication strategy, manages all media relations and external communications, and assists with internal communications. This position requires focus on details, flexibility and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
This is a 0.6 FTE, permanent position that reports to the Executive Director.
- Update and implement the Centre for Autism Services Alberta’s communication strategy
- Develop and deliver proactive media relation strategies
- Communication Planning: crisis communication planning, annual communication planning, event communication planning
- Enhancing and maintaining the Centre’s website: targeting communications for clients, donors and future employees
- Create and implement ongoing targeted client and family communications
- Market, promote and manage special events and activities
- Create and maintain social media campaigns
- Create, edit and assist with internal communications
- The successful candidate will have a degree or diploma in communications, journalism, marketing or related field
- 3+ years communication experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Writing skills that demonstrate a thorough understanding of an audience and their needs
- Experience and knowledge on effective use of social media
- Experience managing multiple communication projects with competing deadlines
- Good consultation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Clear Police Information check, Clean Intervention Record check, COVID-19 vaccination
A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits provided.
Apply online below, or email your resume and cover letter to:
HumanResources@centreforautism.ab.ca or fax to 780.488.6664 (confirm fax transmission by calling 780.488.6600)