About the Centre
The Centre for Autism Services Alberta is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of children, teens and young adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Established in 1997, the Centre has grown to offer a wide range of services to individuals on the spectrum and their families, and is the largest accredited autism service provider in northern Alberta. Its mission is to provide comprehensive and innovative supports and services to those affected by ASD.
The people we serve come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes the Centre for Autism Services Alberta (CFASA) stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm to empower autistic individuals and their families to thrive, you will find a great career at CFASA. We welcome the unique contributions future staff can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, color, religion, different abilities, sexual orientation and beliefs.
The role of the Fund Development Officer is to create fundraising strategies and and develop fundraising activities. This role will develop a portfolio of major gift prospects and manage current donors, including individuals, associations and foundations that have the potential interest and financial resources to make financial contributions to the Centre.
This is a full-time, permanent position that reports to the Executive Director.
- Research, develop and submit grant funding proposals to foundations and other similar bodies, and manage the follow-up and reporting of successful funding proposals
- Create a planned giving marketing plan to cultivate and steward ongoing donors and planned giving prospects
- Establish and evaluate annual fund-raising targets and operational plans
- Assist with prospect research and with periodic donor solicitations
- Prepare and distribute timely acknowledgement letters and other important donor correspondence
- Responsible for securing sponsorships for annual events with the help of event committees
- Coordinate third party fundraising events and provide support as necessary
- Represent the Centre at public events and provide support as necessary
- Prepare and deliver accurate Fund Development reports
- Maintain both Centre and Fundraising Code of Ethics
- University degree or diploma in fundraising, marketing, public relations or equivalent education, work and/or volunteer experience
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation preferred
- 3+ years of fund development and relationship development experience
- A proven track record of personally soliciting and closing solicitations at the $10,000+ level
- Experience with mail/phone/email strategies and direct gift solicitation
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Writing skills that demonstrate a thorough understanding of an audience and their needs
- Experience with competing deadlines
- Good consultation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Clear Police Information check, Clean Intervention Record check and COVID-19 vaccination
Apply online below, or email your resume and cover letter to:
HumanResources@centreforautism.ab.ca or fax to 780.488.6664 (confirm fax transmission by calling 780.488.6600)