About the Centre
The Centre for Autism Services Alberta is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of children, teens and young adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Established in 1997, the Centre has grown to offer a wide range of services to individuals on the spectrum and their families, and is the largest accredited autism service provider in northern Alberta. Its mission is to provide comprehensive and innovative supports and services to those affected by ASD.
The people we serve come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes the Centre for Autism Services Alberta (CFASA) stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm to empower autistic individuals and their families to thrive, you will find a great career at CFASA. We welcome the unique contributions future staff can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, color, religion, different abilities, sexual orientation and beliefs.
We are looking for a 0.8 FTE HR Recruiter to proactively recruit, hire and coordinate the placement of new hourly and salaried Interventionists, including tracking of all required documentation, background checks and training information.
The HR Recruiter must possess excellent organization, communication and problem solving skills. This position requires focus on details, the ability to anticipate future staffing requirements and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Advertise, screen, interview and verify references of candidates for employment
- Prepare employment letters and compensation information, ensuring new hire documentation is complete
- Maintain and update personnel files to ensure all documentation is active and/or present
- Actively participate in recruitment drives and career fairs
- Track and award salary increases creating compensation letters for staff and change information for payroll
- Enter and update Staff information in to the records management system
- Proactively report recruitment trends and issues to HR and the management team
- Monitor and communicate due dates for performance evaluations and feedback forms; tracking completions
- Monitor and track training requirements across the Centre, communicating expiry dates and training dates to staff as required
- Monitor and track background checks, communicating expiry dates and renewal processes to staff as required
- Assist in the registration and tracking of Interventionist training and professional development
- Promote internal recruitment from the Interventionist and volunteer teams for group programs
- In collaboration with the Director of Human Resources, support the team with employment issues as they relate to Interventionists
- Related degree in Human Resources, Human Services, Business Administration
- Knowledge and understanding of services for autistic individuals
- Centre for Autism Services Alberta program service delivery model
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- Clear Child Intervention Record Check
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience in scheduling and managing information
Apply online below, or email your resume and cover letter to:
HumanResources@centreforautism.ab.ca or fax to 780.488.6664 (confirm fax transmission by calling 780.488.6600)