The Centre for Autism Services Alberta is an award-winning organization, receiving the 2018 Award of Excellence for Interprofessional Collaboration from Speech-Language and Audiology Canada (SAC).
The Centre for Autism Services Alberta is leading the way through engaged specialists, in delivering evidence-based services to those affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) across the lifespan. We are a leading innovator, putting science into action.
With the support of a multi-disciplinary team, this key individual will focus on the development of communication & socialization skills through assessment, consultation, and direct intervention. Programming is provided through home-based and centre-based services and utilizes an integrated community-based delivery model.
As an SLP, you will receive a competitive salary, generous benefits package, RSP match, flexible work schedule, and an opportunity to work with an amazing team in a continuous learning environment where together with the team, you will set your own schedule.
The Centre for Autism Services Alberta is an accredited organization with highly engaged staff as demonstrated on our employee engagement survey, in which 95% of our employees report they are proud of the work they do at the Centre.
The people we serve come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes the Centre for Autism Services Alberta (CFASA) stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm to empower autistic individuals and their families to thrive, you will find a great career at CFASA. We welcome the unique contributions future staff can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, color, religion, different abilities, sexual orientation, and beliefs
- Provide expertise on a multidisciplinary team (including Occupational Therapists, Board Certified Behaviour Analysts, Clinical Supervisors, and in-home Interventionists) in the areas of communication and socialization as it relates to Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Conduct assessments and provide intervention in a family and person-centered model
- Use Pivotal Response Treatment amongst other strategies within a developmental framework to support children and families in their homes and in schools (PRT training provided)
- Maximize family engagement by collaborating with parents/guardians and team members to develop and implement evidence-informed and child/family specific goals
- Promote and support inclusive programming across home and school
- Travel within Edmonton and Area is required (mileage is reimbursed)
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology and registered with the Alberta College of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (ACSLPA).
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective organizational, decision-making, and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Valid drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Current professional liability insurance
- Clean Criminal Record Check
- Clean Child Welfare Check
- Valid certification in Child and Infant CPR and First Aid
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19
Please apply with your resume and cover letter to:
Susan Gynane at email@example.com or fax to (780) 488-6664
Additional information is available at www.centreforautism.ab.ca.