Make this the best summer yet with Little Aces’ half-day, week-long summer programs.
As a Little Aces Camp Aide you will support campers with a diverse range of age-appropriate activities designed to encourage development including:
- Physical Activities – climbing, swinging and water play
- Creative Activities – arts, crafts, Lego and music
AGES: 3 – 5 years – camp runs Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
The Little Aces Camp Aide is responsible for implementing a drop off summer camp program for young children with autism under the direction of the Camp Coordinator and the Community and Family Services Coordinator.
The half-day camp (4 working hours each day) will start July 8th and run for 6 weeks until August 23rd. There will be a one week break between Aug 5th – 9th. 21 hours of training and camp preparation will occur the week of June 24 – 28.
*Please Note* Availability to work all 6 weeks of camp is required.
- Implement an onsite drop off camp program under the supervision of the Camp Coordinator
- Provide supervision and support to all campers
- Develop effective proactive strategies based on individual needs
- Provide support to all camp staff and volunteers
- Develop and assist in the creation of visuals, social stories and other support materials as required
- Provide communication to parents on a daily
- Consult and collaborate with the Camp Coordinator as required
- Prepare and/or contribute to critical incident reports as required by the Camp Coordinator
- Positively promote The Centre for Autism at all times
- Experience working with young children in a group setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate crisis assessment and intervention skills
- Demonstrate supervision skills
- Clean criminal records check
- Clean welfare check
- Valid Certification in Child and Infant CPR and First Aid
- Valid Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification (training provided)
*Please Apply Early*
Apply online below or email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources email@example.com
Application Deadline: February 8, 2019