It’s new. It’s improved.
It’s Active for Life 2.0!
Presented in partnership with the Jamie Platz YMCA, Active for Life 2.0 inspires participants to get motivated, moving and invested in their wellbeing. A YMCA certified trainer will lead all classes with the support of the Centre’s kinesiologist, ensuring all participants get the most out of their Active for Life fitness experience.
We keep the focus on fun, grouping everyone according to ability and compatibility.
The Active for Life program has expanded its wellness endeavours by emphasizing the importance of overall wellbeing in conjunction with physical fitness.
- Developed for individuals with autism, ages 16 – 29
- Two-hour customized training sessions each week. Every session includes a warm-up and cool-down, and focuses on strength development, cardio conditioning and flexibility
- Pre- and post-fitness assessments are conducted in the first and last week of the program to gauge improvement
What to Expect
- Participants will have the opportunity to make new friends and have FUN!
- Increased independence and motivation
- A newfound interest and understanding of fitness
- Participants will learn the importance of maintaining a healthy body and healthy mindset
When and Where
Thursdays, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
FALL SESSION | September 19 – November 21
WINTER | January 16 – March 19
SPRING | April 16 – June 18
Jamie Platz YMCA | 7121 178 Street NW, Edmonton
$175.00 plus YMCA drop-in fee or membership