Do you have a child between 2 years 8 months old – 5 years 11 months old with autism (or a query of autism) who needs both:
- Program Unit Funding (PUF, funded by Alberta Education) and
- Specialized Services (funded by Family Support for Children with Disabilities/FSCD)?
As a qualified provider for both services, the Centre recommends The Common Approach!
COMMON APPROACH PHILOSOPHY
Through the Common Approach, the two programs (PUF & SS) work together to provide supports across home, school, and community with a “one team, one plan across settings” experience for families.
With the Common Approach, families get:
- Educational programming with trained staff in our on-site classroom
- A multidisciplinary team including a certified teacher
- Your multidisciplinary team works with you for consistency across all settings
- On-site Educational Aides trained to work with children with autism
- On-site support from a Speech-Language Pathologist
- On-site support from an Occupational Therapist
- Home-based strategies to practice outside of school
- An Individualized Program Plan (IPP) based on your priorities
- Access to parent training and support through the Centre
If you only qualify for one area (PUF or SS), or are unsure of what this means:
Please contact us at
Our team will help you and your child navigate the Alberta funding system (as it relates to these programs).