Do you have a child between 2 years 8 months old – 5 years 11 months old with autism (or a query of autism) who needs both:
- Program Unit Funding (PUF, funded by Alberta Education) and
- Specialized Services (funded by Family Support for Children with Disabilities./FSCD)?
As a qualified provider for both services, the Centre recommends “The Common Approach”!
Common Approach Philosophy
Through the Common Approach the two programs work together to provide supports across home, school and community with a “one team, one plan across settings” experience for families.
With the Common Approach, families get:
- Educational programming with trained staff in either our onsite classroom or in a community school
- A multidisciplinary team including a certified teacher
- One team that works with you for consistency across school/home settings
- On-site Educational Aides trained to work with your child
- On-site support from a Speech Language Pathologist
- On-site support from an Occupational Therapist
- Home based strategies to practice outside of school
- An Individualized Program Plan (IPP) based on your priorities
- Access to parent training and support through the Centre
If you only qualify for one area (PUF or SS), or are unsure of what this means:
Please contact Joanne Fodchuk
780.488.6600, ext. 280
Joanne will help you and your child navigate the Alberta funding system (as it relates to these programs).