The EmploymentWorks Virtual program offers employment preparedness training and virtual job sampling to individuals diagnosed with autism. For those who are seeking opportunities to develop the skills necessary to obtain meaningful and sustainable paid employment, EW Virtual with the Centre for Autism Services Alberta could be a great fit for you! Under the expert instruction of autism professionals, this innovative program uses adult learning principles to focus on social, communication and job skills development, and also gives you the chance to virtually sample a variety of jobs—all from the comfort of your home!
An employment preparedness course for autistic Canadians
Hands-on experience in real workplace environments is foundational to the success of the proven EmploymentWorks program. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, EmploymentWorks has shifted job sampling and experiential learning to simulated workplace environments through the use of EASy Simulations®. These highly interactive and immersive job simulations give program participants an opportunity to test drive a variety of jobs in a safe virtual environment.
EmploymentWorks is also enhancing participant access to online employment readiness training and in-demand skills training through LinkedIn Learning. The goal is to provide program participants immediate and supported access to online learning opportunities, and the opportunity to acquire specific skills and recognized micro-credentials to increase their competitiveness in the labour market and improve their employment outcomes.
“You have nothing to lose by trying this program, and you have the chance to gain something. Go for it!” – Edmond, EmploymentWorks participant.
The EW Virtual Advantage
- Online employment readiness training with expert instructors
- 60 hours of guided learning, application and practice, plus three months of follow-up support from an employment coach as well as participant engagement activities
- Virtual job sampling via highly interactive job simulations
- Free access to thousands of LinkedIn Learning courses and videos
- Barrier-free! No travel, no geographic limitations!
This program is 6 months in length
Months 1-3: Structured learning and virtual work experience
Months 4-6: Supported transition from weekly programming to active job seeking and employment
- Must be aged 15 – 64, diagnosed with ASD
- No longer in school
- Average or near average academic skills
- Motivated to seek paid employment
- Must have a valid Social Insurance Number
- Not receiving or eligible for Employment Insurance
ENROLLMENT FOR THIS PROGRAM IS ONGOING
For more information or to apply, please contact
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities program