Helping children with ASD learn early social communication skills & giving parents the tools they need to help their child be successful
*** This program is for children and families already receiving Specialized Services.
Social Skills Coaching Level I is a workshop based on the Skillstreaming program developed by Dr. Arnold P. Goldstein and Dr. Ellen McGinnis. It is a highly acclaimed, research-based, prosocial skills training program. Level I of the Social Skills Coaching program focuses on the first set of skills introduced in the Skillstreaming program.
In this group, we will target social skills such as greetings, listening, sharing, and joining in!
This program can be highly beneficial for children and their parents!
- Children work on building foundational social skills for life
- Parents receive direct coaching on how to best support their child
- Parents have the opportunity to connect with other parents of children with ASD
- Opportunity to share ideas, resources, and experiences
- With the help of an SLP, parents get hands-on practice coaching their children during group sessions and children get to learn and practice their new skills
Sessions are for one hour, once per week for 7 weeks.
Parents and children can expect to build confidence, learn, and make connections with other participants.
To learn more and to register, please contact Jodie Rawn at 780-488-6600 ext. 186 or at email@example.com.