Using Pivotal Response Treatment to Increase Verbal Language: A Parent Coaching Group
NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE!
The START Program is a sought-after group program for parents/caregivers of young children with autism. Based on Pivotal Response Treatment (PRT), a therapy model developed by the Koegel Autism Centre in California, this innovative program teaches parents practical strategies to support their child in:
- Using words and sentences to ask for things
- Answering questions
- Making choices
- Copying what other people say
The Centre for Autism Services Alberta is the only facility in Western Canada that offers this extraordinary coaching program!
- Designed specifically for early language development in children with autism, ages 2-8
- Program development based on 40 years of research
- Strategies designed to be implemented during daily routines
- All sessions are led by an experienced Speech-Language Pathologist with Level 5 PRT Training
- 10 Zoom group sessions in the evening
- 1 daytime home visit
- 8 video feedbacks
- Attend and participate in group sessions
- Be available for 1 daytime home visit
- Submit videos for feedback
- Each session will be a positive and interactive experience!