THE STEPS PROGRAM IS AN 8-WEEK VIRTUAL PARENT COACHING GROUP
that focuses on promoting and building child independence through self-care skills such as handwashing, dressing, and self-feeding.
The group strives to increase parent confidence in teaching new skills to their child through modeling, practice, feedback, and reflection. Parents will learn how to effectively use physical prompts to support their child and break down
tasks into simple, manageable steps.
What to Expect:
- Weekly feedback on the application of learned strategies
- Parents receive one, daytime home visit (mid-program) (can be in-person or over zoom
- A group format that allows parents to celebrate successes and learn together
- Strategies that are designed to be implemented during daily routines
- All sessions are led by Occupational Therapists
To apply for STEPS, please get in touch with River at