Teen Camp is Back!
Interest-Based Summer Camps for Ages 13 – 17
Imagination, physical activity, skill development, and social interaction are essential components of summer camp at the Centre. Summer camps are full of adventure and new things to learn every day. Teens have the opportunity to discover new interests and dive into the things they already love while building essential skills and making new friends. A safe, supportive environment supported by a qualified team—summer camp with the Centre for Autism Services Alberta is a great place for teens to develop new skills and try new things.
Camp General Info
- 7-hour daytime sessions, 5 days per week (*4 days for the week following the August long weekend).
- Parents will be asked to keep campers home if they are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Camp spaces, surfaces, and objects will be sanitized at the end of each day.
- Regular hand-washing is required of all campers and staff.
- Campers are required to bring their own snack, lunch, full water bottle, and weather-appropriate clothing.
- If your camper is not independent in their toileting hygiene, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what toileting supports are available and to make sure these supports will meet your camper’s needs.
FSCD Funding Changes 2022
A message from FSCD:
Parents can request up to two weeks of specialized camp, however, camp approval is based on the assessed need for extraordinary respite needs over the summer. There are several factors that will be taken into consideration, so not all families within the FSCD program will be assessed for camp.
Qualifying for camp funding is based on the assessed needs and not just because a family would like their child to attend. In addition, ALL camp requests must be made by the family/guardian to their FSCD caseworker and must be approved before the camp starts. FSCD is not accepting any camp requests directly from agencies this year and will not backdate payment for services if the family chooses to send their child to camp without prior FSCD approval.
Summer 2022 dates and adventures have arrived!
Registration for Summer Camp 2022 will open Tuesday, April 25 at 9:00 am for current Centre Families.
Public registration for Summer Camp 2022 will open Monday, May 2 at 9:00 am.
WHEN REGISTERING, PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE NOT USING INTERNET EXPLORER AS YOUR BROWSER.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you’ve completed the online registration and payment, registration is not confirmed until our team contacts you.
COVID-19 INFORMATION FOR SUMMER 2022
We will continue to monitor the situation surrounding COVID-19 leading up to summer camps. There may be updates and changes going forward, and they will be posted here.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com