This is a Part-time Permanent position.
The Centre for Autism Services Alberta is looking for part-time Interventionists in Edmonton, Calgary, and surrounding areas to work with children diagnosed with autism.
This role is responsible for supporting the program goals of children or youth with autism by carrying out the programming and objectives found in the Service Plan, in collaboration with the clinical team (Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Behaviour Analysts) and parents. This is an excellent introductory position for those interested in pursuing careers in education or special education, rehabilitation, speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, behaviour analysis, or psychology.
Hours of Work: 4 – 20 hours per week, with session times available in the morning, afternoon, or early evenings to fit your schedule. Individual sessions are 2 hours in length and can be scheduled individually or back-to-back, on weekdays and some weekends, to balance your working needs with the availability and preferences of the clients and families.
- Valuable hands-on experience working with Autistic individuals and their families
- Comprehensive introductory training
- Ongoing support and guidance from the clinical team
- Collaboration with a team of clinicians: Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, and Behaviour Analysts
- Opportunity to provide an essential service to children and their families
- Competitive wages
- Experience working or volunteering with children in a home or community setting
- Interest in working with children with special needs
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Post-secondary education in progress is preferred
- Clean Police Vulnerable Sector & Child Intervention Check (dated within 6 months) is required as a condition of employment
- First Aid with CPR
- Ability to easily engage in gross motor and fine motor movements throughout a shift
- Part-time hours: 4-20 per week
- Salary: From $21.87 per hour
- Start Date: Recruitment and training for Interventionist positions is ongoing. Start dates will be arranged based on your availability and family needs.
*Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply to Human Resources by mail, e-mail, or fax:
Fax: 780-488-6664 (confirm fax transmission at 780-488-6600)