Teens and adults with autism
face distinct challenges in finding work and pursuing career goals.
Reported rates of employment for autistic adults range from 11 – 50%. Those who are employed are often under-employed or work in menial positions.
In January 2018, the Centre for Autism Services Alberta expanded its delivery of employment-readiness programs, offering the EmploymentWorks (EW) program to individuals 15 and older with a disability (not limited to but including autism). EmploymentWorks is an innovative program to support individuals with disabilities in preparing for, getting, and keeping good jobs, or the pursuit of further education.
Employment Readiness is the perfect way to start!
- Preparing for Work: delivery of 60 hours of guided employment preparedness training (curriculum);
- Getting Work: delivery of labour market participation supports that assist participants to actively job seek and attach to employment (get jobs);
- Keeping Work: Facilitating participant access to ‘on-the-job’ supports based on individual needs;
We are now offering Employment Works programs for High School students, as well as a summer intensive program! Contact Nicole to learn more.
Eligibility Requirements for EmploymentWorks
- 15-64 years old
- Average or near-average academic skills
- Motivated to seek paid employment
- Must have a valid Social Insurance Number
- Identifies as having autism or another disability
ENROLLMENT FOR THIS PROGRAM IS ONGOING.
“You have nothing to lose by trying this program, and you have the chance to gain something. Go for it!” – Edmond, EmploymentWorks participant.
Learn more about our programs:
For more information or to apply, please contact Nicole at
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities program