EmploymentWorks offers employment preparedness training and job sampling work experience for individuals who have been diagnosed with ASD. The program has been designed for those seeking opportunities to develop the essential skills necessary to obtain meaningful and sustainable paid employment. It is a peer/co-worker supported program that uses adult learning principals to focus on social, communication and job skills development in a variety of workplace settings and teams.
Did You Know?
79% of Canadians are employed
49% of Canadians with disabilities are employed
Only 11% of Canadians with ASD are employed
This program is 6 months in length
Months 1-3: Structured Learning and On-Site Work Experience
Months 4-6: Supported transition from weekly programming to active job seeking and employment
Also available in a virtual format!
The EW Virtual Advantage
- Online employment readiness training with expert instructors
- 60 hours of guided learning, application and practice, plus three months of follow-up support from an employment coach as well as participant engagement activities
- Virtual job sampling via highly interactive job simulations
- Free access to thousands of LinkedIn Learning courses and videos
- Barrier-free! No travel, no geographic limitations!
Eligibility Requirements for EmploymentWorks
- No longer in school
- Average or near average academic skills
- Motivated to seek paid employment
- Must have a valid Social Insurance Number
- Not receiving or eligible for Employment Insurance
- Must be aged 15 – 64, diagnosed with ASD
“You have nothing to lose by trying this program, and you have the chance to gain something. Go for it!” – Edmond, EmploymentWorks participant.
ENROLLMENT FOR THIS PROGRAM IS ONGOING
For more information or to apply, please contact
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities program