Learn how to make and keep friends
Making and keeping friends can be hard for everyone, but it can be a special challenge for teens with autism. In this 14-week program, teens will learn:
- How to enter and exit conversations
- Choose appropriate friends
- Handle teasing and bullying
- Use electronic communications safely
PLUS! Parents will learn how to coach and support their teen.
Is PEERS for You?
- Participants must be 13-17 years old, diagnosed with ASD
- Must have academic skills at grade 6 or higher
- Verbal abilities to handle fast-paced instruction
- Motivation to attend
An initial screening assessment will be conducted to ensure appropriateness of program application.
Enrollment for this program is ongoing.