Facing Your Fears is designed for children on the autism spectrum who are having difficulties managing their anxiety. A well-developed caregiver education component is part of the program, allowing strategies learned in the group to be implemented at home. Facing Your Fears uses cognitive-behavioral principles to help young people identify their anxiety and fears, as well as learn supportive strategies to better manage these feelings. This program is based on over 10 years of funded research through the University of Colorado, School of Medicine.
- 14-week program, 90-minute session once per week
- Focuses on helping children and their caregivers identify worries, develop coping strategies, and practice managing anxiety with guidance from program facilitators
- Caregiver participation is required
- Delivered by a Registered Psychologist and Occupational Therapist
- Funding may be provided by FSCD
- Participants must be 8 – 14 years old
- Must be verbal, conversational
- Must be able to read at a Grade 2 level
An initial screening assessment will be conducted to ensure the appropriateness of the program for the individual
With FSCD: $150 plus $35 for the program workbook.
Without FSCD: $1,800*. A final report can be requested for an additional $110.
*The $1,800 fee can be paid in three installments. A portion of this fee may be covered with OT or psychology hours under a private healthcare plan.
If cost is a barrier, please contact Anne for pricing options.
Enrollment for Facing Your Fears is ongoing
For more information or to apply contact
Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-488-6600 Ext. 314