Weekly planning, shopping and hands-on cooking
This program allows teens to get hands-on experience with everything from choosing a recipe to chopping veggies.
Learning to cook is an essential life skill, and once teens have completed this program, they’ll not only have more confidence in the kitchen, but will have more independence moving forward in life. This is a great opportunity to explore new interests, practice time management and problem solving skills, and make new friends!
Each week teens will
- Build a shopping list within a grocery budget
- Navigate the supermarket and purchase groceries
- Learn how to safely use kitchen equipment
- Learn about nutrition and the importance of healthy eating
- Cook up delicious recipes
You can now register for most of the Centre’s Community Programs online!
Are you new to online registration? Download our How-To Guide!