Our Commitment to You
As a volunteer, we commit to provide you with appropriate orientation, training, and program assignment. We make every effort to provide a dynamic, educational, and rewarding experience for every one of our 80+ volunteers. We know that you will gain as much, if not more, from your experience helping individuals with autism as they will gain from your support!
Engaged volunteers who are passionate about helping others support innovative Centre programs for children, youth, and young adults with autism. We have ongoing intake of volunteers for our programs throughout the year. Complete our volunteer application online and upload your resume.
For more information, contact
Catherine Buhr, H.R. Administrator, Volunteer Resources
CBuhr@centreforautism.ab.ca, 780.488.6600 ext. 226
*Please Note: Volunteer opportunities are for Edmonton and surrounding areas only. We are not currently seeking volunteers for Calgary.
Application Deadlines – Edmonton & Surrounding Areas Only
- Spring applications FULL
- Applications for our daytime Summer Camp volunteer opportunities open May 10, 2020
Volunteer positions fill up fast, so apply today!
- Have a love of people and appreciation for the diversity of individuals with autism
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to read, follow instructions and work independently
- Be willing to give a minimum of 2-3 hours per week for
8-10 week sessions with a minimum one year volunteer commitment
- Have a clean Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention (child welfare) check
- Attend an interview/orientation prior to online training.
- Complete mandatory training. Training will cover volunteer policies, community programs and behaviour strategies for volunteers
Volunteer opportunities are for Edmonton and surrounding areas only. We are not currently seeking volunteers for Calgary.
We are currently seeking volunteers for many of our Edmonton programs. Learn about areas you may be interested in by visiting the Programs
section of our website, then complete our online volunteer application and upload your resume.
University of Alberta
The Centre for Autism Services Alberta Students’ Association – University of Alberta is an officially recognized club that raises awareness for autism on campus and supports programming for teens and young adults at the Centre through fundraising and volunteering.Volunteer
Centre for Autism Services Alberta – MacEwan University is an officially-recognized club that supports autism awareness on
MacEwan University’s campus.