We are looking for outgoing volunteers who are passionate about helping to support Autistic children, youth, and young adults. If you share our values and our enthusiasm to empower Autistic individuals and their families to thrive, you will find a great opportunity at the Centre. We welcome the unique contributions volunteers can bring in terms of neurodiversity, education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, languages spoken, religion, different abilities, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Onboarding for new volunteers takes place four times a year, 4-6 weeks prior to the start of our community programs. Current university students pursuing careers in Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Behaviour Analysis, Psychology, and Education are highly encouraged to apply – we know that you will gain as much, if not more, from your experience helping individuals with autism as they will gain from your support!
Read some of our Volunteer’s Stories HERE
For more information, contact
Administrator, Volunteer Resources
email@example.com, 780.488.6600 ext. 226
Application Deadlines – Edmonton & Surrounding Areas Only
Volunteer Applications for Winter Programs 2024 are now being accepted!
- Volunteering for Winter programs runs from January to March 2024
- Application deadline is December 16th, 2023
- Click the Apply To Volunteer button below to get started today!
- Direct inquiries can be sent to Lindsay Rothman
Complete our volunteer application online and upload your resume!
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have a love of people and appreciation for the diversity of individuals with autism
- Be outgoing and possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to read, follow instructions, and work independently
- Be willing to give on average 2-3 hours per week for three 8-10 week sessions (non-consecutive)
- Have a clean Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention (child welfare) check – completed through us free of charge
- Complete mandatory, self-paced online training and a quiz
Volunteer opportunities are for Edmonton and surrounding areas only.
We are not currently seeking volunteers for Calgary.
We are currently seeking volunteers for many of our Edmonton programs. Learn about what we offer by visiting the Programs page, and then fill out our online application and submit your resume!Learn more
The Translating Volunteer will assist Centre staff with parent coaching and team meetings under the guidance of Centre staff and act as a bridge between staff and families.Learn more
University of Alberta
The CFASA Students’ Association is an officially recognized club that raises autism awareness and promotes acceptance on campus and supports the Centre with fundraising and volunteering.Volunteer
Autism Awareness Club (AAC) – MacEwan University is an officially recognized club that supports autism awareness on MacEwan University’s campus.Volunteer