Our Commitment to You
As a volunteer, we commit to provide you with appropriate orientation, training, and program assignment. We make every effort to provide a dynamic, educational, and rewarding experience for every one of our 80+ volunteers. We know that you will gain as much, if not more, from your experience helping individuals with autism as they will gain from your support!
We are looking for engaged volunteers who are passionate about helping others support innovative Centre programs for children, youth and adults with autism. We have an ongoing intake of volunteers for our programs throughout the year.
The people we serve come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes the Centre for Autism Services Alberta stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm to empower autistic individuals and their families to thrive, you will find a great opportunity at the Centre. We welcome the unique contributions future staff and volunteers can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, color, religion, different abilities, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Complete our volunteer application online and upload your resume!
For more information, contact
Catherine Buhr, H.R. Administrator, Volunteer Resources
CBuhr@centreforautism.ab.ca, 780.488.6600 ext. 226
Application Deadlines – Edmonton & Surrounding Areas Only
- Summer applications FULL
- Applications for Fall Community Programs will open August 7, 2021 (applications received prior to Aug. 7 will not be considered)
We look forward to welcoming volunteers back in September!
Volunteer positions fill up fast, so apply today
- Have a love of people and appreciation for the diversity of individuals with autism
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to read, follow instructions and work independently
- Be willing to give a minimum of 2-3 hours per week for
8-10 week sessions with a minimum one year volunteer commitment
- Have a clean Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention (child welfare) check
- Attend an interview/orientation prior to online training.
- Complete mandatory training. Training will cover volunteer policies, community programs and behaviour strategies for volunteers
Volunteer opportunities are for Edmonton and surrounding areas only. We are not currently seeking volunteers for Calgary.
We are currently seeking volunteers for many of our Edmonton programs. Learn about areas you may be interested in by visiting the Programs
section of our website, then complete our online volunteer application and upload your resume.
University of Alberta
The Centre for Autism Services Alberta Students’ Association – University of Alberta is an officially recognized club that raises awareness for autism on campus and supports programming for teens and young adults at the Centre through fundraising and volunteering.Volunteer
Centre for Autism Services Alberta – MacEwan University is an officially-recognized club that supports autism awareness on
MacEwan University’s campus.