Our Commitment to You
As a volunteer, we commit to provide you with appropriate orientation, training, and program assignment. We make every effort to provide a dynamic, educational, and rewarding experience for every one of our 80+ volunteers. We know that you will gain as much, if not more, from your experience helping individuals with autism as they will gain from your support!
Engaged volunteers who are passionate about helping others support innovative Centre programs for children, youth, and young adults with autism. We have ongoing intake of volunteers for our programs throughout the year. Complete our volunteer application online or contact Catherine Buhr, Administrator, Volunteer Resources at CBuhr@centreforautism.ab.ca or 780.488.6600 ext. 226 for more information.
- Accepting Summer Camp volunteer applications April 15 – May 26
- Accepting Community Program volunteer applications June 1 – August 4 (for September start)
Volunteer positions fill up fast, so apply today!
- Have a love of people and appreciation for the diversity of individuals with autism
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to read, follow instructions, and work independently
- Be willing to give a minimum of 2-3 hours per week for
8-10 week sessions with a minimum one year volunteer commitment
- Have a clean Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention (child welfare) check
- Attend an interview/orientation prior to online training.
- Complete mandatory training. Training will cover volunteer policies, community programs and behaviour strategies for volunteers
We are currently seeking volunteers for many of our programs. Learn about areas you may be interested in by visiting the Programs
section of our website, then complete our online volunteer application.
University of Alberta
The Centre for Autism Services Alberta – U of A Student Association
is an officially recognized club, that raises awareness for autism on campus and supports programming for teens and young adults at the Centre through fundraising and volunteering.
ASAP – Autism Spectrum
is an officially-recognized
club that supports
autism awareness on
MacEwan University’s campus.