Autistic Gender Minorites Supporting Each Other (AUTGEMS)
Make a difference in the lives of autistic gender minorities in the workplace!
We are looking for a diverse group of autistic women and non-binary people who have had employment experiences, whether good or bad, to be part of the second phase of an autistic-led employment project. This project is working to develop employment resources for a website to assist autistic women and non-binary people with their unique employment needs.
Autistic women and non-binary people support each other to achieve employment and career goals.
- A woman, non-binary person, or other gender minority
- Age 18+
- Diagnosed with autism/self-identify as autistic
- Interested in exploring employment issues for women/ gender non-binary individuals on the spectrum
- Willing to share your employment experiences
- A resident of Alberta
- Develop your leadership skills
- Be part of a group of diverse individuals
- Have your voice heard
- Opportunity to create change
The group will meet monthly, either virtually or in-person, dependent on COVID-19 restrictions, and will wrap up by November 2022. Applicants are welcome from across the province; those living outside of the Edmonton area can attend meetings via Zoom.
Applications for AUTGEMS Phase II are currently being accepted. Apply HERE today!
Together we can make a change in the lives of autistic women in the workplace. Let’s start today!
This project is funded by the Ministry of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women